Founded by local gentry in 1895 as a nine-hole course, after several transformations over the last 125 years, it now features 18 holes and measures 6,455 yards off the back tees.
Predominantly a links course, at first sight it seems a relatively easy test of golf, but with sea breezes, the land undulating towards the coast and true but testing greens, there are many scorecards that tell a different story.
* White tees, Par 72, SSS 72 and 6,455 yards
* Yellow tees, Par 72, SSS 71 and 6,217 yards
* Red tees, Par 73, SSS 72 and 5375 yards
In recent years considerable improvements have taken place on the course and several of the original 18 holes have been improved or altered. Many greens have been enlarged, bunkered or banked. New tees have been built or extended on every hole on the course and we are proud to have played host to several Regional Competitions, WalesGolf Championships and International matches.
Since its early days thousands of golfers have walked the turf of Cardigan Golf Club deriving huge pleasure from this delightful course and wonderful views and under the leadership of our Course Manager and Head Greenkeeper, Stuart Adams, the Course Management Team work tirelessly to provide a course widely acknowledged as one of the finest in the area.
"The last four holes will live in your memory forever"